I happen to love drinking smoothies, which is why I wanted to share with everyone 5 Reasons to Drink Smoothies!
Whether you are drinking green smoothies, fruity smoothies, veggie smoothies or a combination, there are tons of benefits to ingesting healthy smoothies and allowing them to become a staple in your diet.
- They are a super easy way to get your daily dose of fruits and veggies in one meal. On average 2-3 cups of veggies and 1-2 cups of fruits are recommended in a healthy daily diet. Pre-clean and cut fruits and vegetables for easy access smoothie making. Have recipes on hand to make so that you know what foods you will need to prepare for your smoothies. Need a recipe? No problem. Try my easy and super tasty Spinach Smoothie.
- Smoothies are a very quick meal to make. If you follow the above directions, having things pre-cleaned and cut, ready to go, and recipes on hand, you will be able to whip up smoothies in minutes. This is extremely helpful for anyone who is always on the go or for those who have children. Many find them a great alternative to breakfast foods before rushing out the door to work.
- Kid friendly healthy foods are sometimes difficult to come by. Hiding fruits and veggies in smoothies is easy, and your kids will love them. Along with being quick to make, smoothies can provide your child with the nutrients that they need without any complaints or fussing. Even the pickiest of children tend to enjoy certain smoothies with foods that they like in them.
- They improve your digestive system. Allowing your blender to do the majority of the chewing and nutrient extraction will allow your body to absorb the nutrients and other beneficial elements found in smoothies creating a happy and healthy digestive system. This is a good reason to invest in a quality blender that will blend all of the parts smoothly not leaving behind important nutrients.
- Smoothies are an easy way to lose weight. For those wanting to not only eat healthy but also lose weight, replacing a meal a day with a smoothie is a great start to weight loss. They tend to be low calorie filling meals. Things such as protein powder, chia seeds and other nuts and seeds can be added as well for an even more filling smoothie if need be.
With New Years resolutions in full swing I have found smoothies to be a great addition to my daily eating plan!